Job title: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Reporting to: BLENDING MANAGER
Location: Lakeland, USA
The Opportunity (General Summary)
Under the guidance of the Production Manager the Blending Shift Supervisor prepares and formulates blending templates and is responsible for the production and quality of finished products, fulfillment of customer orders, maintenance of finished product inventory levels, and packaging. In the absences of the Production Manager the Blending Shift Supervisor will oversee all blending operations and personnel and will resolve any operational issues.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Prepare, formulate, and complete blend documents.
• Maintain open lines of communication with production manager and customer services to ensure adequate inventory and availability of TUSA products for customer shipment.
• Manage shift work procedures, and expedite workflow process of WIP through to finished products.
• Assign shift personnel duties and examine employee work for quality, product integrity and conformance to standard production, packaging and shipping procedures.
• Provide shift personnel with guidance and direction in the completion of blends and the resolutions of any operational issues or obstacles.
• Keep Production Manager abreast of any personnel issues or challenges.
• Follow up on lab and QA results of blends, WIP and finished products.
• Ensure correct labeling and storage of WIP and finished products.
• Maintain products and supply inventories at appropriate and efficient levels.
• Maintain all work areas, procedures and equipment in a manner that is in accordance with all laws regulations and company policies pertaining to safety and sanitation.
• Track and report all shift personnel time and attendance to the production manager
• Take appropriate action to resolve and/or notify appropriate personnel of any operational issues, emergencies or equipment failures.
• Ensure facility integrity at end of shift and before leaving the premises.
What we’re looking for
• High school diploma or GED with 3-5 years experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
• Good working knowledge of HACCP, OSHA, GMP, HAZMAT, MSDS and EPA requirements
• Demonstrated ability to consistently practice safe work habits
• Ability to perform accurate weight measurements and basic math equations.
• Working knowledge of blending hose and pump systems.
• Knowledge of the flavor and fragrance industry and Treatt USA products.
• Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to use various spreadsheet, word-processing and database computer software.
• Florida Food Manager Certificate.
• Forklift and Hazardous Materials Awareness Training.
• Ability to complete standard to metric conversions.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.