Job title: Business Analyst
Reporting to: Head of IT Development
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
The primary role is to act as an intermediary between the IT and Business teams. Ensuring business goals are aligned to IT solutions, in order to save the company time and money.
This role also involves support for the front-line systems, including data extraction and problem solving together with a responsibility for the documentation of the Business Process Overviews.
Assist in the design, testing and implementation of new key business software systems for Treatt Plc, and ensuring the needs of the business are fully satisfied.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Involved in Incident, Problem and Service Desk ticket resolution
• Provide workarounds and solutions to users
• Provide user support for all key business systems and coding fixes to solve problems relating to Service Desk requests. Basic knowledge of SQL Manager would be useful (training will be given if required)
• Closely identify with the business and its goals to ensure that changes to processes and computer systems improve productivity and customer service levels.
• Review and update the Risk Register to ensure IT related risks are minimised
• Working within the IT Team to Design, test and implement solutions for the key business systems within Treatt (including JDE, WMS, bar coding and printing), as required by the business.
• Assist in the production of reports as and when required
• Ensure a formal testing process for all software is adhered to
• Gain a good working knowledge of the business processes
• Write and maintain systems documentation for business processes as and when required
• Establish and maintain effective communication with subordinates, peers, and management
• Share support knowledge with peers in the same team and maintain associated documentation
• Maintain and stay current with evolving IT technologies and where necessary recommend improvements to the business
• Contribute to all aspects for continuous improvement
• Provide end-user training or instruction as and when required
What we’re looking for
• Project Management (desirable but training will be offered)
• Degree or equivalent experience in Business Information Systems/Technology (desirable)
• SQL Server Management Studio & basic understanding of relational databases (training will be offered)
• 2+ years exposure to JDEdwards ERP business processes (desirable)
• Experience in writing specifications (desirable)
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.