Job title: Blending Operator
Reporting to: Blending Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, FL USA
Hours: Shift: Pitman Fixed (Night) available.
Working from a prepared order sheet and under the guidance of the Blending Supervisor, the Blending Operator will pull, measure and blend ingredients required to produce specific Treatt USA products. The Operator will work with QC and Lab personnel to provide blend samples for quality testing. The operator will be responsible for blending, packaging, labelling and appropriately storing the final product and complete and file all necessary production documentation and logs.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Locate and pull product and raw materials in a timely and efficient manner.
• Operate a forklift to pull appropriate product ingredients from cold storage and warehouse locations.
• Load product ingredients into blending tanks using hoses and pumps.
• Monitor ingredients during pumping process to ensure integrity and quality of material as it is dispensed into blending tanks.
• Move and manipulate ingredient containers as necessary to complete the blend process. This includes moving and lifting 50 pound barrels on a regular basis.
• Dispense final blended products into storage containers using hoses and pumps.
• Label containers properly and store appropriately, using a forklift.
• Load and unload incoming and outgoing drum trailers.
• Sanitize all blending tanks and equipment using mildly caustic cleaning agents. This includes climbing ladders up to 20 feet to reach the top of the blending tanks.
• Maintain clean and tidy work areas at all times.
What we’re looking for
This position requires good knowledge, understanding and use of the English language, and basic math and measuring that is generally demonstrated by the attainment of a high school diploma or general equivalence degree.
Qualified applicants will have the following abilities;
• Valid forklift and Hazardous Materials certifications.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Ability to perform accurate weight measurements.
• Knowledge of standard to metric conversions.
• Ability to read and understand Material safety data sheets (MSDS)
• Safely operate a forklift in a production environment, practicing a safe work habit at all times
• Read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Stand for long periods, and walk, kneel and stoop on a regular basis.
• Twist, bend, stretch and climb on a regular basis.
• Lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Perform basic math equations
• Work overtime including nights and weekends when business needs require
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
This is a production environment that is cool in the winter and warm in the summer. Some duties are performed in cold rooms and freezers. This environment can be noisy and wet at times. This position requires work at elevations above 20 feet.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.