Job title: Analytical Lead
Reporting to: Global Analytical Innovation Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEOC Class: Technician
The Opportunity (General Summary)
The main objective of this role is to lead the growing analytical function at Treatt USA to support the business need. Additionally, to provide training and support to technical in respect of GC, GCMS, GCMSMS, LC, LCMS and spectroscopy, assist with method development, identifying and assessing suitability of new techniques.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Management of Analytical team at TUSA to ensure a high level of engagement and empowerment.
• Using Performance Management tools, identify, plan and deliver developmental pathways for those involved in Analytical Chemistry.
• Management of all calibrations and instrumental logs for all GC and LC instruments in Quality Department and their compliance with SOPQ and QCP Procedures
• Co-ordinate and deliver training to all analysts within technical in LC, spectroscopy, GC and MS instrumental analysis.
• Development, management, and validation for quantitative methods for all GC, LC, MS and spectroscopic techniques
• Statistical data evaluation of new methods for trace analysis
• Perform instrumental analysis of flavour and fragrance raw materials originating from various departments within Treatt and external sources which include but are not exclusive to UV spectrometry, GLC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS, GCMS/MS
• Assist with customer audits in relation to the analytical function.
• Assist with investigations into quality failures both internally and externally if in relation to analytical techniques.
• Writing, reviewing and maintaining the department’s risk assessments and SOPs
• Look to make continuous improvements to aid the cost reductions and efficiency of the department.
• Using your initiative and judgement to make improvements to working practice within the laboratories.
• Preparation of application notes for potential publication
• Along with the Global Analytical Innovation Manager assist in the recruitment process for any Analytical chemists as and when required.
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
• Bachelor of Science Degree with Science Major or Master of Science Degree (Minimum)
• Strong analytical skills with a minimum of 5 years laboratory experience
• Management or supervisory skills with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
• Extensive experience with GC-FID, GC-MS, HPLC-DAD, UV spectroscopy
• Practical experience with GC-MSMS and LC-MSMS techniques
• Strong understanding of analytical separation science
• Significant knowledge in method development and method validation protocols
• Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.