Job title: Customer Service B2B
Reporting to: Customer Service Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Opportunity (General Summary)
Provide exceptional support and service to external and internal customers. Primary responsibilities include responding to global customer inquiries, orders, samples, technical documents, complaints, product information, pricing, inventory availability and dispatch dates. Duties include but are not limited to taking customer orders and requests via telephone and e-mail, providing production personnel with necessary order information, and maintaining customer files in the JDE database. This position supports the Treatt sales team, Treatt’s commercial goals, and all the general requirements of our valued customers.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Receive and action in a timely and appropriate manner, incoming calls and e-mails from customers and sales personnel. Specific goals to be provided.
• Address customer concerns and inquiries regarding orders, samples, product information, pricing, and inventory availability and dispatch dates.
• Complete all necessary documentation, accurately update JDE with contract forecasts and provide production personnel with all necessary order and shipping information and documentation.
• Provide customers with technical documents and tracking details, providing the Customer Portal option where applicable.
• Gain a general understanding of the food, beverage, and flavor & fragrance industries.
• Achieve a basic knowledge of Treatt’s core product offerings and how to offer to applicable customers.
• Accurately maintain customer files and various forms of documentation.
• Prepare various internal reports as directed by the Customer Care Supervisor.
• Routinely liaise with RC Treatt personnel and other Treatt USA departments including sales, lab, shipping and production to ensure the delivery of quality customer service and support.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt USA at all times and act in accordance with the Treatt Company polices values, and health and safety policies.
• All other duties as assigned and customary.
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
• Excellent phone and customer service etiquette.
• Ability to successfully perform basic math skills including fractions, measurements, additions, subtraction and conversions.
• Strong attention to detail is critical.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously, whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
• Skilled in the use of various spreadsheet, word-processing and database computer software.
• Ability to work independently, self-starter
• Time management and organization is essential.
• Motivation to solve problems.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.