Job title: Coffee & Tea Extraction Manager
Reporting to: VP of Operations and Innovation
Location: Lakeland, FL
The Coffee & Tea Extraction Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of all processes involved with the production and distribution of coffee and tea extract products. This includes scheduling, coordinating and leading the activities of extract production. Primary duties include production management, scheduling, & troubleshooting; effectively communicating with customer service; extract inventory management; and leading & developing team members.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
What you’ll be doing
• Overseeing extract production & operator activities to ensure efficient daily operations.
• Insuring extract production meets customer demand and quality expectations.
• Collaborating with R&D to support scale-up of New Product Development.
• Maintaining a safe manufacturing operation through education, training, and personal example.
• Overseeing and maintaining records of all personnel training.
• Providing monthly updates on continuous improvement efforts.
• Managing department budget and provide monthly production reports.
• Maintaining a log to keep track of extraction usage and performance.
• Acting in the best interest of Treatt USA and Treatt plc at all times.
What we’re looking for
• College degree
• 3-5 years of Tea and Coffee extract and supervisory experience in a production facility. Extensive knowledge of typical extraction operations and equipment.
• Knowledge of inventory and shipping controls and procedures including number lot systems and proper packaging and labelling.
• Demonstrated knowledge of production regulations and procedures including but not limited to, HACCP, OSHA, GMP, HAZMAT. MSDS and EPA requirements.
• Strong math skills including algebra.
• Strong leadership, employee motivation and development skills.
• Skilled in the use of various spreadsheets, word processing and database computer software.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay, annual bonus potential, a maximum of 6% employer matching pension; group health, dental and vision insurances; company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, company paid life insurance; and free stock. We also offer courses around personal development and well-being, including free gym memberships, virtual memberships and weight loss programs.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.