Job title: Software Support Analyst
Reporting to: Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
In this role you will develop and maintain IT solutions & customisations key to Treatt’s global IT and business strategy. You will be supporting our JD Edwards system and using a suite of software tools to design, implement and maintain software solutions, as well as supporting our busy global Helpdesk.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Initial focus on supporting our UK operation.
• Provide software support on a global scale (both UK and US operations)
• Develop solution enhancements to support business requests and cover system issues.
• Supporting J.D. Edwards (E1)
• Implementation of new business solutions
• Create and maintain necessary technical documentation.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt at all times.
• Other duties that may, from time to time, be required.
What we’re looking for
• Degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
• Previous experience of developing and supporting JD Edwards (E1) in a Manufacturing environment
• Experience in using JD Edwards Orchestrator would be beneficial but not essential.
• Experience in MS SQL Development including writing functions and stored procedures.
• Experience in developing in software development tools such as Visual Studio
• Experience using Transform® from BottomLine Technologies would be beneficial but not essential.
• Previous experience in SalesForce & EDI implementation preferable
• Competence in business analysis, creating specs, coding to specification.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Self-motivated with ability to coordinate project tasks and report status/progress.
• Strong communication skills both written and spoken
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.