Job title: Senior Analytical Specialist
Reporting to: Global Quality Control Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
The objectives of this role are to provide training and support to technical in respect to GC, GCMS, GCMSMS, spectroscopy and LC, assist with method development, identifying and assessing suitability of new techniques and if approved implementation of techniques into Treatt.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
What you’ll be doing
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure regular internal and external calibration/validation as prescribed by the working practices in the laboratory.
- Co-ordinate and deliver training to all analysts within technical in LC, spectroscopy, GC and MS instrumental analysis.
- Development, management and validation for quantitative methods for all GC, LC, MS and spectroscopic techniques.
- Assist with customer audits in relation to analytical techniques.
- Assist with investigations into quality failures if in relation to analytical techniques.
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining the department’s risk assessments and SOPs.
- Look to make continuous improvements to aid the cost reductions and efficiency of the department.
- Using your initiative and judgement to make improvements to working practice within the laboratories.
- Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general description.
What we’re looking for
- Wide-ranging understanding of Treatt as well as JDE, Stars & operations. To have strong analytical, problem-solving mind, coupled with curiosity, drive and determination to make continuous improvements in all aspects of the department.
- Exceptional ability to communicate in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to lead, manage, motivate and influence colleagues.
- An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required.
- The capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail.
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday buy back and share schemes, we’ve got you covered.