Job title: Analyst Specialist - China
Location: Caohejing, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China
TREATT is a leading supplier of flavour and fragrance ingredients, offering a unique range of specialty materials worldwide. Our extensive customer base includes not only flavour and fragrance houses, but also includes various food, beverage & cosmetics companies. Our diverse product portfolio is the result of over 130 years of technical expertise and experience in the global sourcing of flavour and fragrance raw materials. We currently have three manufacturing locations: TREATT UK, TREATT USA, and TREATT China Partnered Manufacturer. TREATT China was established in 2006 for the purpose of developing business in China market.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 450 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Customer Care Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The role is mainly responsible for GCMS analysis on various samples of essential oil and flavouring, and work closely with other departments in TREATT to support win projects and meet business target.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Operate gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) independently and proficiently.
• Responsible for the daily management of GCMS analytical instruments and lab, including equipment and consumables procurement, maintenance, etc., to ensure the implementation of daily work.
• Responsible for the composition analysis of essential oils, flavouring samples, generate reports, and support technical teams to win projects, including but not limited participate in sensory evaluation, etc.
• Responsible for establishing related database and archiving analysis data.
• When necessary, arrange for analytical samples to be sent for external analysis and collate the results.
• Work closely with global analysis team to provide contribution to continuous improvement on China local analysis capabilities.
• Follow any task and request linked to projects as requested by line manager.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
Ideally you will have a bachelor or above degree of related majors, major in Food Science or Flavour are preferred. In addition:
• At least 5 years of related analysis experience in flavouring industry.
• Strong problem-solving capability, self-motivated, honesty & work well with minimum supervisory.
• Good communication skills & team spirit.
• Fluent in Mandarin & English, strong MS office/GCMS related software skills.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.