Job title: Process Control Analyst
Reporting to: Process Control Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Contract: 12 Month Temporary Contract
If you’re a completer finisher with a great eye for detail and an interest in chemistry and distillation this could be the ideal job for you.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Quality Analyst
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Baczewska, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley Dennis, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
Tasks include but are not exclusive to:
• Analyse fractions, make distillation trial blends and give recommendations on final bulks to the bulking and planning department (this includes analysis on trial blends and adjusting where necessary).
• Make up trial blends from stock, test against the specification, adjust where necessary and make final recommendations on finished bulks to the bulking and planning department.
• Troubleshoot issues and problem solve within all aspects of the role (includes but not limited to: distillation, stock control, bulking, blending and lab equipment).
• Display an understanding, ability to use and maintain the equipment of Gas Chromatography, Refractive Index, Optical Rotation and Density.
• Sample fresh ingredients from over the site for lab use.
• Carry out regular calibration and maintenance of the measuring instruments as prescribed by the working practices in the laboratory.
• Ensure the timely release of samples and results.
• Perform project work to focus on efficiencies, new products and processes
• Run the pilot still to investigate process improvements and issues
• Undertake a shift pattern where necessary in order to continue a high level of service to internal customers
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has a degree in science based discipline, and wants to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication. Candidates with significant experience without a degree will also be considered. We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and research and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday purchase scheme and share schemes, we’ve got you covered.