Job title: Packaging Operator
Reporting to: Packaging Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, USA
The Packaging Operator is responsible for preparing outgoing products for shipment. It is the Packaging Operator’s responsibility to confirm all orders are accurate, complete, in ship-ready condition and meet all packing safety and transportation requirements. This includes boxing, labelling, palletizing, wrapping, and inspection of all pieces, labels and accompanying instructions. The Packing Operator will also review, maintain, and complete various order documentation, reports, forms and archives to ensure timely and accurate completion by deadlines.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist.
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator.
What you’ll be doing
• Physically review, fill, check, label, palletize and box all orders.
• Provide confirmation of accuracy and completion of all orders.
• Complete orders on schedule and on time by their target ship-ready date.
• Complete and maintain packing records, logs, reports and packing related inventory data.
• Review, notify/report-and-correct work-order instruction discrepancies or inconsistencies.
• Archival and transmittance of completed paperwork, instructions, work-orders, dispatch notes, etc.
• Monitor work order reports, logs, work-boards to proactively prepare for upcoming orders.
• Return damaged, cancelled, modified orders back to Inventory Material Handlers.
• Resolve/fix/complete damaged, modified or rush orders by ship-ready target.
• Operates forklifts, jacks, pallet wrapper, banders and other machinery and tools safely.
• In supervisor’s absence, provide team guidance and assistance in process issues, projects, and challenges.
• General cleaning, maintenance & safety functions.
• Assist other departments when needed.
• Act in the best interests of Treatt PLC at all times and demonstrating Treatt values.
• Help to foster and promote both an employee health & safety and food safety culture.
• All other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
This position requires good knowledge, understanding and use of the English language and legible handwriting.
Basic math that is generally demonstrated by attainment of a high school diploma or general equivalence degree.
Prior packaging, warehouse, food-grade, shipping and receiving experience preferred. Prior experience / certification in packing / handling / transporting dangerous goods preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to regularly practice safe work habits.
• Ability to work overtime including nights and weekends when business needs require.
• Ability to perform basic math equations.
• Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently in warehouse and production environments.
• Skilled in the utilization of various packaging tools, supplies and machinery (scan guns, tape machines, pallet wrappers, bung wrenches, various box, and pallet types.
• Preferred ability to type and familiar with various computer programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Ability to walk, kneel, stoop, twist, bend, stretch and climb on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Preferred valid Hazardous Materials certifications.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO