Job title: IT Project Manager
Reporting to: Head of IT Development
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
This role involves the coordination of IT projects that require scoping, design, testing and implementation of key business software systems for Treatt Plc, ensuring the needs of the business are fully satisfied. The projects can be both dedicated IT Projects and core business improvements.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Drive business efficiencies, identifying areas for improvement.
• Project Manage from creation of project brief through to final implementation.
• Develop project scopes, cost estimations and specifications.
• When required, tender processes with suppliers and contractors
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, developing relationships and supporting the change management process. Calling upon additional resources as required.
• Deliver project outcomes within agreed time deadlines, through executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing the project. Delivering project updates as required.
• Analyse project performance and implementation; make decisions where appropriate or provide recommendations
• Utilise opportunities to gain a thorough understanding of the Treatt business as a whole, with additional exposure to other departments.
• Drive a culture of achievement and maintain momentum by identifying and making recommendations for removing barriers to aid project success.
• Promote and take accountability for project quality; identify opportunities to improve delivery and oversee the process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken.
• Closely identify with the business and its goals to ensure that changes to processes and computer systems improve productivity and customer service levels
• Assist in the coordination of the design, test and implement solutions for the key business systems within Treatt
• Responsibility for the management of all process documentation related to the project
• Ensure a formal testing process for all software is adhered to.
• Ensure the completed project have systems documentation.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with subordinates, peers, and management.
• Keep up to date with changing IT technologies and where necessary recommend improvements to the business
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will possess Prince 2 Practitioner or other recognised qualifications. They will have an excellent working understanding of MS Project. JDEdwards ERP business processes is desirable but not essential
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.