Job title: Head of Logistics
Reporting to: VP Global Procurement
Location: Lakeland, USA
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEOC Class: First/Mid-Level Officials and Managers
The Head of Logistics is responsible for the efficient operation of all logistics functions including Importing, Exporting, Shipping, Receiving and Outside Warehousing. This role includes evaluating current processes and resources and recommending changes we need to implement that will support our growth strategy. Training and developing staff, with a key focus on cross training and upskilling is key to this role, as is bringing in line global best practices. This position provides key coordination between Logistics and internal / external functions to ensure the smooth operation of the department and the satisfaction of customer orders.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Create a higher level strategy for the whole of the department.
• Monitor and then develop a tactical plan of improvements for inbound and outbound shipments, including departmental deliverables.
• Analyze data to assess performance and use that data to create, promote and continually review and report a set of KPI’s that drive behaviors and continued improvements.
• Help create and evaluate departmental budget and expenditures.
• Working with Shipping and Receiving Manager and Blending Manager, organize loading dock and staging areas and plan routes for optimal accuracy and efficiency.
• Carry out regular 1-1s with direct reports, coach, encourage and ensure that expectations are clearly set and met.
• Ensure that Managers are carrying out 1-1s and provide support to address any outcomes.
• Create a positive environment in which internal talent can be developed.
• Provide direction to the teams, enabling opportunities for continual improvement within the department.
• Drive forward a Logistics competence matrix, ensuring all staff are properly trained, cross-trained and supported to multi skill where possible.
• Implement a training and verification process for safety critical tasks.
• Work with carriers to ensure best, most cost effective service for all modes of transport.
• Track carrier performance and manage freight claims.
• Work with Inventory Control Supervisor to ensure optimization of storage space across the sites.
• Implement more automated processes for off-site deliveries.
• Liaise with Customer Services and Blending to develop a capacity plan for logistics.
• Monitor compliance to rules, and changes to those rules governing the transportation of dangerous goods.
• Advise the business on how dangerous goods should be transported.
• Monitor and update systems to ensure compliance with regulation for all modes of transport.
• Support the Investigation and submission of reports on accidents/emergencies.
• Act as point of contact for all dangerous good’s regulatory agencies.
• Work with Managers to edit, write and enforce proper SOP’s for all Logistics operations.
• Logistics point of contact for customer complaints and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR’s).
• Review processes, carry out investigation of any operator errors and implement corrective actions arising from complaints.
• Work with Quality Assurance Manager to ensure compliance prior to outside audits, and responsible for implementing any external audit recommendations.
• Be competent in computer operation utilising JDE and Microsoft office applications.
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the General Description which may be subject to change from time to time.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt Plc always.
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
• 5-7+ years as a Logistics/Outbound Senior Leader (with full logistic functional responsibility) at SME+ size business.
• Proven experience of designing and implementing the strategic deployment and work plan of the overall logistics function successfully, according to the company's strategic plan.
• Track record of managing successful logistics projects which were under construction, holding responsibility for the overall project progress and delivery standards.
• Multi-departmental management experience
• Lean experience is desired and considered to be a significant plus.
• Experience in dealing with multi-site and internal Logistics operations.
• Record of successful Distribution, Fulfilment, and/or Logistics Management.
• Experience with TMS, ERP, WMS, and Distribution software.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.