Job title: Engineering Intern
Reporting to: Engineering and Site Services Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
As an Engineering Intern you will play a significant role in certifying the CE Marking of the process plant. This will in parallel enable the post holder to get in depth knowledge and understanding of the Treatt manufacturing process, the execution of capital projects, and the CE Marking process itself.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 450 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
Tasks include but are not exclusive to:
• Coordinate a schedule of meetings and workshops for a project team of 9, and sometimes to include our third party specialist consultant who will support Treatt through the self-certification process.
o Attend these meetings and workshops and support the Project Manager in following the agenda and navigating the way through the CE Marking process steps.
o Record notes, actions, and decisions from the meetings and workshops and provide follow up communications to the group.
• Manage the Actions Log for the CE Marking process, helping team members to complete their tasks to programme.
• Be the focal point for team members to send documentation relating to the process to.
• Be responsible for the process of building the Technical File for CE Marking (the Technical File will be GBs of data, including drawings, specifications, test records, risk assessments, etc. for every component within the process, and needs to be logically organised and documented for future reference by Treatt and the HSE).
• Support the project team in any other project areas as required as the project moves through the commissioning phase and into start up of operations and relocation of resources from its old facility.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
• A university graduate with a degree in an engineering discipline.
• Capable (with support from the team as necessary) of reading and understanding project and process documentation, such as P&IDs, SLDs, layout drawings, equipment specifications, British Standards etc.
• Logically and process minded and capable of absorbing and processing large amounts of data into a useable and professional structure.
• Keen to support a pro-active team as required and be a part of the delivery of an exciting, state-of-the-art process facility.
• Willing to learn on the job through project administration.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge in Microsoft Office software i.e. Word and Excel
• Aptitude and willingness for continued training and development
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, at auto enrolment 4% employer contribution, life assurance and group income protection.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.