Job title: Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
The Opportunity (General Summary)
Under the guidance and direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Electrical Instrumentation Tech will ensure the coordination and completion of all equipment Repair and Maintenance. Install, troubleshoot, inspect, repair: motors, AC/DC controls, conduit, maintain and troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLCs (PLC5, DCS) variable frequency drives (VFD's). Also Install, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial networks. (HART, Ethernet). This is a hands-on position that requires the use of a variety of hand, power, and diagnostic tools to perform duties.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Adhere to all Safety policies and maintain a safe working environment.
• Work in a neat and orderly manner and be responsible for safety and good housekeeping always.
• Install, troubleshoot, inspect, and repair AC motors, AC/DC controls, conduit, and wire.
• Install, program, maintain and troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLCs. (PLC5, DCS)
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot variable frequency drives. (VFD's)
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial networks. (HART, Ethernet)
• Test, inspect, calibrate, install, troubleshoot, and repair analog and digital instrumentation and monitoring devices such as Level Indicators, Flow Meters, Scales, Viscometers, Densimeters, Pressure Transducers, Thermocouples and Motion Control equipment.
• Assist with maintaining accurate storeroom, calibration, and historical records.
• Perform the duties of this job as directed by the Maintenance Manager to further improve the performance of plant systems.
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a team or independently to achieve objectives.
• Work with infrared, ultrasonic, and other applicable predictive technologies, computer software tools to prevent, identify, diagnose, and repair faults in control logic or equipment and to improve operational performance and reliability.
• Must have ability to apply knowledge and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to use and maintain any tools, meters, and shop equipment required to perform tasks.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external technical resources.
• Ability to deal with problems involving multiple physical variables in everyday situations.
• Two-year technical degree in electronics, instrumentation, industrial controls, or robotics with 2+ years of hands-on experience, or 5 plus years demonstrable hands-on experience with such.
• Participate in continuing professional development and training processes
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly, and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.