Job title: Citrus Category Manager
Reporting to: Lead Category Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
To ensure the Treatt Group maximises return from its Citrus business. The post holder will be the primary decision maker for products held within the portfolio including overseeing product lifecycle and inventory management, financial performance and support strategic direction for the category. It is also their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies and continually innovate with Treatt team members in order to make the most of each of these products. Increased sales, contribution and communications are the objective of the role.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• As part of the Category management team liaise with relevant departments to achieve a high level of market understanding and awareness
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to execute the strategy for the category, relevant to the wider business strategy.
• In collaboration with Commercial and Innovation management teams, lead the identification, evaluation and implementation of growth opportunities
• Act as the principal point of contact for the category to ensure clarity and consistent approach within the company for the portfolio including identifying gaps in the portfolio and instigating initiatives to fill those gaps
• Manage financial performance of the category including assisting in guiding selling prices, internal costing and implementation of contribution improvements
• In collaboration with key stakeholders, identify and evaluate cost reduction opportunities and make recommendations to Innovations and Operations
• Understand all internal aspects of the category from procurement, manufacturing to sale and be aware of ongoing activities in the category
• Understand external aspects of the category from raw material to end use markets, trends, competition benchmarking and underserviced markets communicating internally where appropriate
• Manage material life cycles within the portfolio from spotlight selection to obsolescence/discontinuation and inventory.
• Provide education opportunities regarding the portfolio to ensure product awareness (existing and new products) through collation of existing knowledge as well as provision of new information
• Assist in JDE housekeeping for product portfolio
• Act in the best interest of Treatt PLC at all times
• All other duties as assigned and customary
What we’re looking for
• University degree in business management, a technical field or equivalent experience
• Demonstrable experience of working in F&F, ideally in citrus ingredients, in a commercial, technical or production role
• Ideally at least 2 years’ experience in a product/category management role
• Customer focused mindset with strong interest in citrus ingredients market
• A strong understanding of technologies involved in manufacturing citrus ingredients
• Commercial acumen on citrus ingredients for the flavor and fragrance industries, or acumen on general flavor and fragrance ingredients that may be applied to citrus
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to lead, manage, motivate, and influence teams and colleagues
• Curiosity, drive, and determination to launch initiatives and make continuous improvements in all aspects of the portfolio
• Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• The capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail
• Experience in data collection, extraction, and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
• Ability to find creative and positive ways to get the right people together who can make true differences in all aspects of the portfolio
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.