Job title: Blending Operator
Reporting to: Blending Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, FL
Working from a prepared order sheet and under the guidance of the Blending Supervisor, the Blending Operator will pull, measure and blend ingredients required to produce specific Treatt USA products. The Operator will provide QC and Lab personnel with blend samples for quality testing. The operator will then blend, barrel, label and appropriately store the completed product and complete and file all necessary production documentation and logs.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
The duties and tasks involve the following:
• Locate and pull product and raw materials in a timely and efficient manner.
• Operate a forklift to pull appropriate product ingredients from cold storage and warehouse locations.
• Load product ingredients into blending tanks using hoses and pumps.
• Monitor ingredients during pumping process to ensure integrity and quality of material as it is dispensed into blending tanks.
• Move and manipulate ingredient containers as necessary to complete the blend process. This includes moving and lifting 50 pound barrels on a regular basis.
• Dispense final blended products into storage containers using hoses and pumps.
• Label containers properly and store appropriately, using a forklift.
• Load and unload incoming and outgoing drum trailers.
• Sanitize all blending tanks and equipment using mildly caustic cleaning agents. This includes climbing ladders up to 20 feet to reach the top of the blending tanks.
• Maintain clean and tidy work areas at all times.
What we’re looking for
This position requires good knowledge, understanding and use of the English language, and basic math and measuring that is generally demonstrated by the attainment of a high school diploma or general equivalence degree. Prior production experience preferred.
The following knowledge and experience is essential:
• Ability to regularly practice safe work habits.
• Ability to safely operate a forklift in a production environment
• Ability to work overtime including nights and weekends when business needs require.
• Ability to perform basic math equations
• Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Ability to stand for long periods, and walk, kneel and stoop on a regular basis.
• Ability to twist, bend, stretch and climb on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will possess or have the ability to gain:
• Valid forklift and Hazardous Materials certifications.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Ability to perform accurate weight measurements.
• Knowledge of standard to metric conversions.
• Ability to read and understand Material safety data sheets (MSDS)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay, annual bonus potential, a maximum of 6% employer matching pension; group health, dental and vision insurances; company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, company paid life insurance; and free stock. We also offer courses around personal development and well-being, including free gym memberships, virtual memberships and weight loss programs.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.