Job title: Beverage Technologist (USA)
Reporting into: Innovation/Applications
Location: Lakeland, Florida, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
The Beverage Technologist is responsible for the development of new beverage applications using both internal and external ingredients for finished product concepts, collaboration with the sales team for product sampling, working with various beverage bases to showcase Treatt’s ingredients and processes. Creative and self-motivated, the Beverage Technologist plays a key role in introducing novel ideas and techniques to the Innovations and Applications teams leading directly to innovative and improved beverage development to showcase our ingredients.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 350 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Assist in beverage application projects from customer-driven briefs (including but not limited to flavored sparkling waters, carbonated soft drinks, juice concentrated beverages, flavored alcohol bases, teas, and functionable beverages).
• Research and develop creative and novel products by staying well-informed in terms of ingredient synergies, processes, and beverage formulations.
• Apply trends from marketing to develop innovative ready-to-drink beverage concepts.
• Utilize and maintain a range of laboratory and pilot-plant equipment (introducing new equipment and techniques where necessary) during product development.
• Provide innovations and sales teams with ongoing, consistent communication of developmental statuss and commercial implications of beverage applications.
• Participate in sensory evaluation of R&D projects, new products, reformulations, ingredient substitutions, shelf-life extensions, and comparison of competitive products in the marketplace.
• Lead internal consumer panels for new beverage development.
• Maintain accurate records of active projects with documentation of lab work, formulation modifications and provide statistical evaluations and reports from findings.
• Conduct shelf life and stability studies for current and future ingredient development.
• Executive pasteurization trials for finished beverage applications.
• Participate in customer product demonstrations with sales via meetings and/or tastings.
• Cultivate sales opportunities with current customers and other industry contacts by building strong partnering relationships with key technical personnel in these organizations.
• Participate in working sessions with customers on new product developments and reformulations.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt at all times.
• All other duties as customary or as delegated.
What we’re looking for
A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a related subject plus a minimum of 2-5 years of lab and product development experience in a closely affiliated field.
• A proven independent worker with strong creativity and problem-solving skills.
• Project management skills, strong organizational, and time management abilities.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of regulations, policies, procedures and processes in food science and product development.
• Ability to use various internal computer systems, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, and display effective communication skills.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a performance related bonus, generous vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.