Validation Quality Control
Location: Lakeland, USA
It is the primary responsibility of the Analytical Chemist to maintain the instrumentation and analytical methods in the Analytical Sciences laboratory in a state of readiness for the analysis of essential oils and isolates for agricultural residues and other trace contaminants.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage, and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Preparation, dilution, and extraction, where appropriate, of samples for trace analysis
• Calibration of analytical balances and pipettes
• Instrument preparation including creation of sequences (GLC, GC-MS, GC-MSMS, GC-XSD and UHPLC)
• Data analysis, interpretation and reporting of trace analytical results (GLC, GC-MS, GC-MSMS, GC-XSD and UHPLC)
• Maintenance of the analytical calibration and verification spreadsheets (GC; GC-MS; GC-MSMS, GC-XSD and UHPLC)
• Advanced instrument maintenance & troubleshooting (GC; GC-MS; GC-MSMS, GC-XSD and UHPLC)
• Maintenance of the equipment down time log
• Method development and maintenance of advanced quantitative methods
• Preparation and appropriate storage of calibration standards for trace analysis
• Assist and contribute to Global Technical projects
• Maintain the supply of gas to the instrumentation by changing gas cylinders when required
• Monitor and log the ordering, receipt, and return of gas cylinders on site including maintenance of the gas usage log.
• Perform classical and/or instrumental analysis on any QC samples as and when requested by the Global Analytical Innovation Manager or the Quality Control Manager.
• Raise purchase orders where appropriate to replenish consumables and reagents.
• Report and address any deficiencies in equipment or analytical practices to Global Analytical Innovation Manager
• Undergo training in areas specific to Treatt PLC business
• Statistical data evaluation of new and existing analytical methods
• Write Quality Policies, Procedures and Operating Instructions.
• Ensure that the working area in the laboratory is maintained in a clean and orderly condition and that any hazard or potential hazard is reported to the Line Manager or H&S Officer
• Act in the best interest of Treatt PLC always.
• Employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what they do at work.
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):.
Bachelor of Science Degree with Science Major or Master of Science Degree
• Strong analytical skills with a minimum of 3 years’ laboratory experience.
• Significant experience in working with GC-FID, HPLC, GC/MS
• Some experience in working with GC/MSMS and LC/MSMS preferred
• Knowledge of analytical disciplines, methods, developments, and troubleshooting.
• Significant experience in data collection, extraction, and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills.
• Passionate about keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technological developments.
• The capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to support teams and colleagues.
• Intermediate classical analytical skills.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay and discretionary annual bonus.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.