Job title: Junior Buyer
Reporting to: Global Procurement Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
As a Junior Buyer you will drive the implementation of the strategy for the Procurement function for all purchased materials within their remit. Continuity of supply, increased contribution and improved communications are the objectives of the role, along with managing key aspects of the supply chain, from origin through to stock, and from contract negotiation through to material receipt. Sourcing from a global supply base, the postholder will ensure the sustainable supply of key raw materials to the business. This role, following extensive training, will be the major point of contact for decisions pertaining to the products within their remit. It is their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies, and innovate with Treatt team members and stakeholders, supporting the global department and championing Teamwork.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Responsible for procuring a selected portfolio of Aroma Chemical and HSF raw materials
• Investigate and implement ways of reducing cost by way of alternative supplier sourcing, increasing payment terms, and /or negotiating better prices
• Maintenance and communication of up-to-date pricing within relevant pricing systems
• Contribute content for the Treatt Market Intelligence reports
• Maintain awareness of market conditions, material supply issues, identifying and mitigating supply risk and communicating any of significance to relevant internal and external customers through proactive communications
• Ensure active buying that encompasses the five rights of Procurement
• Advise and support stakeholders on business related matters to maximise value from opportunities and supply arrangements
• Full procurement cycle responsibility and autonomy, from negotiations and order entry all the way through to contract and post-contract supplier management
• Identifying suppliers for new and existing products; establishing and enhancing both existing and new key supplier relationships
• Visiting suppliers and attending industry events as and when required, which will involve international travel
• Run contract reports and MRP
• Utilise all resources available including JDE system to maintain optimal levels of inventory and ensure continuity of supply
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have/be :
• high energy, ambition, drive, and enthusiasm, and can bring innovative ideas to the team
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
• Self-starting and deadline focused
• Great interpersonal and relationship building skills
• A can-do attitude with a pro-active hands-on approach to all tasks
• The ability to communicate complex issues effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing across all levels within the business
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently and in a team
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse a high volume of data and produce recommendations
• A minimum of two years of commercial experience and awareness
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge and experience of working within MRP systems
• CIPS qualification would be desirable
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.