Job title: Technical Data Administrator
Business Function: Technical
Reporting to: Technical Compliance Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Data Administrator to join Treatt on a 12-month temporary contract to cover a period of Maternity Leave. If you’re a completer finisher with a great eye for detail, then this could be the ideal job for you.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
We think Treatt is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt is in that perfect sweet spot of being small enough to have a friendly and supportive community but also has the resources to have big ideas which really push the boat out in terms of creativity. There is real support for you as a person here and that’s what makes it such a great place to work. The fragrance and flavour industry and Treatt as a whole is magical!” – Barney Wells, QC Laboratory Assistant
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Entry of results and test data in to the company JDE system.
- Assigning technical queries to the relevant personnel within the technical department
- Approval of automatic documents to send to customers.
- To provide technical support to the purchasing, production, sales and planning departments
- Producing and sending manually produced declarations and product certificates to customers
- Assist in the maintenance of kosher and halal schemes by requesting and generating certificates.
- To provide technical support to the purchasing, production, sales and planning department
- Provide cover for other tasks performed in Technical Compliance Department (as detailed in training matrix)
- Contribution to continuous improvement in the Technical Compliance Team (e.g. suggestions on improvements in quality, efficiency, cost cutting etc.)
- Effectively & efficiently co-operate and communicate on tasks and projects as defined by the Technical Manager and Line Manager
- Effectively and efficiently communicate and co-operate with internal, external customers and suppliers on problem solving and projects which require technical input
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who is educated to A-level or equivalent, experience of working within a laboratory environment or with data entry would be a distinct advantage. You will have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments daily.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes competitive basic pay; discretionary annual bonus; BUPA; pension scheme with 9% employer contribution; life assurance, group income protection, eye sight testing, free shares. As well as our extensive standard training programme, we also offer opportunities designed for individual personal development, and a focus on personal well-being.