Job title: Shipping & Warehouse Assistant
Reporting to: Shipping Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, FL
The Shipping & Warehouse Assistant is responsible for staging inbound and outbound freight, loading and unloading trucks and material movement to and from the docks. He/she will maintain storage areas and consolidate materials to maximize storage space. The position will also assist in cycle counting and general warehouse organization.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
The duties and tasks involve the following:
• Check in pick-up and delivery drivers. Includes confirmation of reference numbers, seal numbers, truck inspections and driver identification.
• Bill of Lading matching, freight staging and inspection. Includes pulling orders from warehouse, inspecting labelling, reference numbers and overall quality.
• Maintain loading and unloading areas. This includes loading/unloading trucks, keeping all dock doors closed and cleaning/maintaining the docks and scales.
• Maintain the warehouses and parking lot in a clean and organized manner.
• Maintain pallet pick-ups, deliveries and storage areas. This includes pallet storage cleanliness, monitoring pallet inventory and performing pallet delivery inspections and unloading.
• Receive, document, maintain and monitor inventory levels of returned materials.
• Provide timely, accurate transportation to and from storage and productions areas.
• Load, receive and deliver incoming and outgoing parcel shipments. This includes assisting the Shipping Assistant with inspection, labelling and loading of parcel trucks and making daily deliveries to Treatt employees.
• Perform routine inventory cycle counts and assist in reconciliation.
• Use bar code protocols for all inventory functions as applicable.
• Maintain daily forklift inspection checklist.
• Assist other departments when needed
What we’re looking for
This position requires good knowledge, understanding and use of the English language, legible hand writing, and basic math that is generally demonstrated by the attainment of a high school diploma or general equivalence degree. Prior warehouse or production experience preferred.
The following knowledge and abilities are required:
• Ability to regularly practice safe work habits.
• Ability to work overtime including nights and weekends when business needs require.
• Ability to perform basic math equations.
• Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Ability to safely and efficiency operate a forklift in warehouse and production environments.
• Ability to walk, kneel and stoop on a regular basis.
• Ability to twist, bend, stretch and climb on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Valid forklift and Hazardous Materials certifications.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Ability to read and understand Material safety data sheets (MSDS)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay, annual bonus potential, a maximum of 6% employer matching pension; group health, dental and vision insurances; company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, company paid life insurance; and free stock. We also offer courses around personal development and well-being, including free gym memberships, virtual memberships and weight loss programs.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.