Job title: Shipping Coordinator (Temporary, 12 month contract)
Reporting to: Logistics Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
As a Shipping Coordinator you will be responsible for providing efficient day-to-day coordination and administrative support to our Imports/Exports activities. You will play a vital role in ensuring regulatory compliance of our imports and exports and effective movement of goods globally to fulfil our internal and external customer requirements.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
"Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• All aspects of Imports for Treatt UK
• Dealing with all Customs matters including Warehousing & IPR Suspension
• Tracking the ETA of imports, and relaying data to the Purchasing Department
• Arranging export shipments, covering all modes of transport
• Preparing associated export documentation, including Health Certificates and Certificates of Origin and Export Licenses
• Support the effective flow of information between all departments including Goods-in, Sales, Labs, Planning and Shipping
• Collate information for the implementation of new structures and systems to support the business
• Ensure JDE information is up to date and submit new information where necessary
• Review changes within the freight industry to identify changes in legislation
• Review agents service and costs to ensure they are performing to the required standard
• Providing support to other areas of Logistics as and when required
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent to Grade C (4) or above (including English and Maths)
• A minimum of two years’ working in an office-based environment
• Dangerous Goods by Air, Sea or Road qualifications desirable
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to take initiative, be proactive, manage changing priorities and work independently
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
• Import and Export experience is beneficial but not essential
• Build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers
• Excellent attention to detail, friendly and helpful nature
• Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work on own initiative
• Strong PC Literacy including Word & Excel
• Curiosity, drive and determination to make continuous improvements
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.