Job title: Sample Coordinator Lab
Reporting to: Logistics Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, USA
The Opportunity (General Summary)
Ensure accurate coordination and fulfilment of all sample requests. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to maintaining adequate sample inventory, preparing prototypes or specific blends, preparing and maintaining accurate sample documentation, labelling, and packaging, obtaining QC approval for release and coordinating shipping. Significant interaction with other departments such as sales, customer service, quality assurance and manufacturing is required for success in this position.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Maintain accurate sample inventory records, including keeping the sample cooler log sheet and any shared computer files up to date.
• When necessary, blend protos to accommodate customer requests.
• Visually inspect product samples for clarity and purity. Communicate any concerns to quality assurance or production supervisors.
• Ensure all outgoing product samples have received approval for release from the Quality Assurance department. This includes checking the item number in the QC database.
• Ensure samples are dispensed into proper container types as determined by customer requirements, product, and presentation type. (I.E. sales display kit vs. direct customer shipment).
• Accurately update the sample database (JDE) with sample (SA#) and customer name and verify accuracy of sample lot numbers. Approve all samples for shipment before forwarding to the shipping department.
• Receive incoming preship samples. This includes but is not limited to opening and logging of samples against sample data base and maintaining necessary logs /other communications to other departments.
• Receive, document, archive and resolve returned sample shipments.
• Record archival, review, transmittance of completed samples to other departments / auditors.
• Monitor Sample Order report and inventory dashboards to plan, coordinate and successfully complete sample requests by their target dates.
• Correctly schedule, book and label samples for outbound dispatch including preparation and use of UPS / Fedex shipping programs, waybills and dangerous goods forms.
• In the supervisor’s absence provide others with guidance and assistance in overcoming work process issues.
• Maintain daily forklift inspection checklist.
• General cleaning, facilities maintenance & safety log functions.
• Assist other departments when needed.
• Act in the best interests of Treatt PLC at all times by demonstrating Treatt values.
• Help to foster and promote both an employee health & safety and food safety culture.
• All other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
• This position requires good knowledge, understanding and use of the English language and legible hand writing. Basic math that is generally demonstrated by the attainment of a high school diploma or general equivalence degree. Prior Microsoft, inventory software, warehouse, shipping, and receiving experience preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to regularly practice safe work habits.
• Ability to work overtime when business needs require.
• Ability to perform basic math equations.
• Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Ability to safely and efficiency operate a forklift in warehouse and production environments.
• Skilled in the utilization of various shipping systems such as UPS/FEDEX.
• Ability to type.
• Skilled in utilization of various computer programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to walk, kneel and stoop on a regular basis.
• Ability to twist, bend, stretch and climb on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
• Valid forklift and Hazardous Materials certifications.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO