Job title: Quality Analyst
Reporting to: Quality Team Leader - Analytical
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
If you’re a completer finisher with a great eye for detail and an interest in chemistry this could be the ideal job for you.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Baczewska, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Performing sample preparation techniques to meet the requirements of the testing protocol.
- Performing instrumental analysis of flavour and fragrance raw materials which includes but is not exclusive to U.V. spectrometry, gas and liquid chromatography, chiral gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, and tandem mass spectrometry.
- Sample analysis and interpretation following instrumental analysis within the required timelines
- Assisting in routine maintenance and troubleshooting of the analytical equipment as required.
- Report and address any deficiencies in equipment or analytical practices and to highlight and own any continuous improvement opportunities.
- Writing Quality Control Procedures (QCP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPQ’s) as and when requested by the Manager of Analytical Sciences.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has a degree in science based discipline, experience of working within a laboratory environment would be a distinct advantage. You will have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay; discretionary annual bonus; BUPA; pension scheme with 9% employer contribution; life assurance, group income protection, eye sight testing, free shares. As well as our mandatory training we also offer courses around personal development and wellbeing.