Job title: Production Operator (temporary, 12 month contract initially)
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week (Rotating shifts, 06.00 - 14.00 / 14.00 - 22.00)
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Manufacturing department for a Production Operator. If you have experience of working in a manufacturing environment this could be the role for you. It is an opportunity for you to work alongside experienced professionals.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Innovation Scientist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
Tasks include but are not exclusive to:
- Ensuring all documentation is completed using the bar code scanners
- Ensuring paperwork, product, labels are correct and samples taken when appropriate
- Checking stock is clean (HACCP) before use, removing any supplier labels if using original packaging
- Carrying out cleaning duties and replenish stock as and when required
- Handling material safely in line with company handbook, H&S manual and HACCP plan
- Contributing to a ‘right first time’ policy and help to ensure that all orders are met in time and within specification.
- Operating the safe use of fork lift trucks and ensure checks are completed on relevant vehicles.
- Contributing to a good approach to Food Hygiene, HACCP and Quality and ensure all relevant regulations are met.
- Exhibiting a wide awareness of COSHH, risk assessment and general process safety.
- Contributing to an excellent safety culture in general and specifically with regard to manual handling, Vehicle / Pedestrian safety, PPE and Accident/ Incident reporting.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment and wants to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication. We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
What we’ll do for you
We have an impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday purchase scheme and share schemes, we’ve got you covered.