Job title: People Advisor
Reporting to: Head of UK People Operations
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk (Hybrid working options available)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
Contract Temporary, 12 months
As a People Advisor at Treatt, you will be responsible for providing professional generalist HR advice, guidance and support to managers and employees, throughout the employee life cycle on a full range of HR employee relations activities including recruitment, absence and family friendly policies.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Customer Care Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Dealing with various People queries throughout the business
• Reviewing and updating job descriptions
• Advising managers on recruitment and selection strategies
• Training hiring managers on candidate interview evaluation techniques
• Assisting with and developing recruitment campaigns
• Coordinating the appointment process for successful applicants
• Maintaining key people metrics, such as turnover and retention rates
• Advising terms and conditions of employment procedures with staff
• Providing advice and playing a major role in work reviews and change processes
• Using HR information systems to access, input and compile data
• Identifying development needs and driving solutions
• Suggesting new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations (e.g. ATS and HRIS software)
• Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
• Supporting performance evaluation methods (e.g. employee appraisal systems)
• Monitoring, reviewing, and updating all People policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation
• Supporting with various capability investigations, including grievance and disciplinary
• Driving the business performance in relation to the organisation’s objectives
• Assisting in organising employer branding initiatives
• Acting as the point of contact for hiring managers, employees and other People team members
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
Ideally you will have CIPD Level 5 or equivalent, or relevant experience.
You will also hold the following skills and experience:
• Organisational and administrative skills
• Proven work experience as an HR advisor, HR consultant or similar role
• Ability to advise and work with senior members of staff
• Hands-on experience with IT programmes and HR systems
• Knowledge of employment legislation
• Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business
• Ability to design clear and fair company policies
• Driven and determined
• Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.