Job title: Operation Excellence Specialist Intern
Reporting to: Operational Excellence Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
The Operation Excellence Specialist is the individual contributor accountable for providing overall direction and integration of the operational excellence effort within Treatt. Working closely with divisional leadership teams to define business requirements to drive the 9 pillars of operational excellence by designing and implementing new and current business processes, focusing on balancing all the needs of continuous improvement within the Treatt Cultural framework.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator.
What you’ll be doing
• This position is responsible for managing and driving the implementation of the OE program.
• Develops OE Master-plan from the site manufacturing strategy, providing OE skill development and coaching for all operators, engineers, supervisors and managers in the sourcing unit.
• Has a direct impact and is responsible for technical coordination of activities relating to support, development, and improvement of manufacturing processes (e.g., OR, OEE, ManEx Savings). For this utilize all aspects of Industrial Engineering discipline within the organization including labor analysis, line balancing, material flow, time studies, capacity analysis, OEE, and floor layout.
• Ensures site OE master plan and actions are aligned with the category manufacturing strategy
• Coordinates the development of the OE preparation phase plan, tracks progress against the plan and leads issue resolution (gap analysis and adjustments to plan).
• Lead the development of value stream maps to measure current performance and establish future state targets to eliminate wastes and improve safety, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory.
• Runs the OE site promotional office. Facilitates the development of individual pillars, sets benchmarks, and tracks completion of pillar goals. Including team meetings, activities, and collaboration with Operational departments.
• Develops Pillar leaders and manages their development as well as
• Implements and facilitates best practice across both TUSA and RCT ensuring global alignment of Technical Processes and Systems.
• Serves as a resource and coach for questions and practices regarding the OE process
• Ensures that OE work is impacting both results and the culture change towards the vision as determined by the plant zero loss journey, vision.
What we’re looking for
• Bachelors Engineering degree in relevant discipline or relevant experience preferred.
• Six sigma or Lean Manufacturing training or certification desirable.
• Theoretical Knowledge of continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and process mapping and redesign.
• Knowledge of all aspects of the assembly process and able to identify acceptable levels of efficiency and Workmanship.
• Knowledge of working within a LEAN environment
• Excellent communication Skills Ability to manage and organize a varied workload effectively, utilizing available resources and achieving deadlines.
• The ability to gain a working knowledge of all Operational Departments in Factory, for understanding of overall processes and handling of goods.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.