Job title: Manufacturing Cleaner
Reporting to: Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 11.30 – 20.00 hours) – Applications for Job Share will be considered
The Manufacturing Cleaner role is responsible for cleaning the factory areas, including the back of house offices and toilets, and the outside yard area on a daily basis, maintaining high cleaning standards at all times whilst adhering to health and safety procedures.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Customer Care Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Follow the daily, weekly, monthly and bi-monthly cleaning schedules ensuring that cleaning levels are maintained.
• To empty bins and dispose of waste in accordance with Treatt’s procedures.
• Maintain the cleaning store and equipment ensuring that items are cleaned, ready for use and suitably cared for.
• To be mindful of our internal customers, ensuring high levels of customer service are maintained at all times.
• Monitor cleaning and consumables stock levels ensuring stock rotation and limitation of waste.
• To ensure cleaning products (e.g. liquids) are stored correctly and appropriate COSHH documentation is in place.
• To liaise with the Team Leader regarding the ordering of cleaning products and consumables in a timely manner, and checking-in the deliveries once received.
• To report any building issues to Facilities (General).
• Once trained, to be on call for cleaning up small spills within the factory or assisting the Health and Safety team with their coordinated response in dealing with larger spills.
• To adhere to Health & Safety procedures.
• To respond positively, politely and promptly to ad-hoc requests.
• To be flexible in order to cover holiday or absence within the cleaning team (Manufacturing and Front of House).
• To undertake any other reasonable requests set out by the Team Leader.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
A good understanding of written and spoken English, previous commercial cleaning experience.
Experience with using Karcher floor cleaners (or similar brands) and experience of working in a food manufacturing environment is desirable.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.