Job title: Management Accountant
Reporting to: Group Management Accountant
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Management Accountant is responsible for sales and margin reporting and will act as a business partner for our commercial teams across the Group providing business owners with management information, cost centre reporting and data analysis to support business decisions. They will also assist the Group Management Accountant with the timely and accurate close of the monthly accounts and preparation of Business Review Pack for the Board.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 450 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Preparation and distribution of the group daily sales report
• Cost centre reporting and analysis for commercial teams
• Preparation of the commercial reporting pack
• Preparation of the monthly sales managers' report
• Preparation of the Account Managers’ quarterly metrics
• Preparation of the Category Management quarterly metrics
• Closing the ledgers at the end of the month and confirming final shipments
• Monthly close of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• Reconciliation between the general ledger and sales order margin table
• Production of the sales order margin report
• Monthly prepayments and accruals for commercial cost centres (both UK and US)
• Maintaining accurate and clean balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of reports and analysis for the monthly business review pack
• Ensuring timely and accurate reporting to industry associations for commercial areas
• Providing absence cover for Key Inventory Indicators
• Supporting the wider Finance team with adhoc business projects, as required.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• Final stage or fully qualified accountant with CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
• Advanced excel skills.
• Experience of using financial accounting systems.
• Previous experience of using a business ERP system is advantageous.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills.
• Thorough and logical approach to tasks.
• High attention to detail and focussed on accuracy
• Cooperative and supportive team player.
• Ability to work independently and under their own initiative when required.
• Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Confident in initiating and managing change and process improvement
• Flexible approach to working hours, as required, to deliver against priorities.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.