Job title: Maintenance Mechanic
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
Location: Lakeland, FL
Under the guidance and direction of the Facility Manager, the maintenance mechanic will ensure the coordination and completion of all equipment preventive maintenance and repairs. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for coordinating with outside vendors and officials to ensure the completion of routine inspection and scheduled maintenance of HVAC, fire safety, security, pest control, boilers and other service contracts. This is a hands-on position that requires the use of a variety of hand and power tools to perform duties.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
The duties and tasks involve the following:
• Perform highly diversified duties to install, maintain and repair stills, production machines and various pieces of equipment.
• Plan and implement preventative maintenance programs based on OEM specifications and equipment history.
• Promptly report any identified faulty operations, defective parts and materials or any unusual situations to the Plant Engineer
• Maintain accurate records and documentation of equipment and systems, maintenance and repair activities.
• Complete general facility and building repairs as needed.
• Work with department heads to identify, trouble shoot and correct equipment and facility problems.
• Complete all emergency repairs in a timely and accurate manner to avoid loss of production time due to down equipment.
What we’re looking for
The following knowledge and abilities are required:
• High school diploma or GED and experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic required. Post high school technical training preferred.
• Must have knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
• Knowledge of and the ability to troubleshoot and repair minor electrical problems
• Must be skilled at welding mild and stainless steels including thin sheet and mig, tig, stick and fabrication welding.
• Must have the ability to rebuild pumps, gearboxes and drives
• Skilled in maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, ammonia refrigeration and hydraulic processing equipment.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay, annual bonus potential, a maximum of 6% employer matching pension; group health, dental and vision insurances; company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, company paid life insurance; and free stock. We also offer courses around personal development and well-being, including free gym memberships, virtual memberships and weight loss programs.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.