Job title: Logistics Operator
Reporting to: Logistics Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week (6 month contract)
To support our site relocation, our Logistics Team are looking to recruit 3 Logistic Operators on a 6 month contract.
We will fund training for forlift training if the successful candidate does not already hold a license.
As a Logistics Operator you will be involved in picking, packing, preparing and loading goods to ship by road, air and sea. The Logistics area is a fast-moving function, with multiple different types of product being manually handled as well as with a forklift. You will need to be confident in liaising with other departments where roles overlap in areas of shared responsibility.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Undertake training to pick and pack dangerous goods.
• Locating stock and maintaining 100% accuracy in our warehouses.
• Moving Stock across site using a FLT.
• Assessing condition of stock before picking to ensure our customers receive quality goods.
• Learning and covering other roles within our logistics department.
• Helping us to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
• Picking & scanning orders for despatch with a right first time approach.
• Checking driver training & vehicles for suitability.
• Loading/unloading containers.
• Learning all goods-in procedures.
• Assessing condition of all items before despatch.
What we’re looking for
• Full car driving licence (essential)
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and also within a team
• Comfortable working in both office and also warehouse environment.
• Able to prioritise workloads and demonstrate a high attention to detail
• The ability to learn new processes quickly
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.