Job title: Logistics Operator
Reporting to: Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Up to £19,500 per annum
Do you enjoy working within a warehousing environment? Does being part of a great team within a company who are a leading supplier of flavour and fragrances excite you – if so read on.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
What you’ll be doing
The primary responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Undertake training to pick and pack dangerous goods.
- Locating stock and maintaining 100% accuracy in our warehouses.
- Moving Stock across site using a FLT.
- Assessing condition of stock before picking to ensure our customers receive quality goods.
- Learning and covering other roles within our logistics department.
- Helping us to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Picking & scanning orders for despatch with a right first time approach.
- Checking driver training & vehicles for suitability.
- Loading/unloading containers.
- Learning all goods-in procedures.
- Assessing condition of all items before despatch.
What we're looking for
We are seeking someone who has good IT and communications skills and is self-motivated. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and also within a team and comfortable working in both lab/office and also warehouse environment. The successful candidate will be able to prioritise workloads and will demonstrate a high attention to detail, and the ability to learn new processes quickly. A counterbalance fork lift truck licence is preferable and a full car driving licence is essential for this position.
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday buy back and share schemes, we’ve got you covered.