Job title: Junior Citrus Buyer
Reporting to: Global Procurement Manager
Location: Lakeland, FL
This post holder will drive the implementation of the strategy for the Procurement function for all purchased materials within their remit. Continuity of supply, increased contribution and improved communications are the objectives of the role, along with managing key aspects of the supply chain, from origin through to stock, and from contract negotiation through to material receipt. Sourcing from a global supply base, the post holder will ensure the sustainable supply of key raw materials to the business and will be the major point of contact for decisions pertaining to the products within their remit. It is their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies, and innovate with Treatt team members and stakeholders, supporting the global department and championing Teamwork.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What You'll be doing
• Accountable for medium to large spend, including some high value contracts
• Working closely with Category Management, Global Procurement Manager, and Global Supply Chain Director to create sustainable strategies for core raw materials
• Presenting key market data and information to global stakeholders using all mediums including formal presentation
• Ongoing analysis of supply base including mapping of key citrus raw material suppliers
• Utilize all resources available including JDE system to maintain optimal levels of inventory, fit for purpose oil and ensure continuity of supply
• Run contract reports and MRP
• Investigate and implement ways of reducing cost by way of alternative supplier sourcing, reviewing payment terms, and /or negotiation. Delivering savings to meet objectives.
• Maintenance and communication of up-to-date pricing within relevant pricing systems
• Maintain acute awareness of market conditions, material supply issues, identifying and mitigating supply risk and communicating any of significance to relevant internal and external customers through proactive supplier communications
• Ensure active buying that encompasses the five rights of procurement
• Stakeholder Engagement - advise and support stakeholders on business-related matters to maximize value from opportunities and supply arrangements
• Full procurement cycle responsibility and autonomy, from negotiations, order entry, and supplemental data all the way through to contract and post-contract supplier management
• Identifying suppliers for new and existing products; establishing and enhancing both existing and new key supplier relationships
• Visiting suppliers and attending industry events as and when required, which will involve international travel
• Update commodity price list and graphs
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general role description and job title
• Help to foster and promote both an employee health & safety and food safety culture
• Act in the best interests of Treatt PLC at all times
• All other duties as assigned and customary
What we’re looking for
• High school diploma (US) or GED, vocational qualification, degree in Supply Chain (desirable but not required)
Knowledge & Experience
**Essential criteria: **
• At least 2 years' experience within a Procurement or Supply Chain environment with a track record of successful negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management
• Experience within Flavors or Ingredients for Food/Beverage industry, or sourcing from a global supply base
• Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the 5 rights of Procurement
• Strong commercial acumen
• Collaborative, team-player, able to interact effectively regionally and globally
• Motivated and career driven. Self-starter - possesses drive, energy, and ambition.
• Knowledge of MRP & ERP systems
• Competent international traveler
• The ability to communicate complex issues effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing across all levels within the business
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently or in a team
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze a high volume of data and produce recommendations
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with particular focus on EXCEL
• Experience of working within the Flavor & Fragrance industry
• Citrus oil industry experience
• CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply
• Experience using JD Edwards (JDE)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.