Job title: HR Business Partner
Business Function: HR
Reporting to: Global Head of HR
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking to recruit a HR Business Partner to provide a business focussed HR service to the company, delivering proactive initiatives that help to shape the overall business success. Proactive partnering with business leaders and managers to ensure that the culture of the business drives achievement of the overall strategy.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
We think Treatt is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt is in that perfect sweet spot of being small enough to have a friendly and supportive community but also has the resources to have big ideas which really push the boat out in terms of creativity. There is real support for you as a person here and that’s what makes it such a great place to work. The fragrance and flavour industry and Treatt as a whole is magical!” – Barney Wells, QC Laboratory Assistant
What you’ll be doing
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively identify opportunities for HR to enhance the business, with presence throughout the company.
- Introduce ideas which improve the HR service provision.
- Ensure that departmental structures adequately support business growth utilising unique recruitment techniques to attract the best talent to the company
- Managing and developing the staff remuneration programme, including salary reviews, benchmarking and scales.
- Performance and talent management
- Development of staff culture aligned to our company values
- Working closely with a team of passionate HR professionals to deliver the best possible service to our internal customers.
- Generalist HR activities
What we're looking for
- 7-10 years minimum front line experience in a busy HR department, with a minimum of 2 years working at HRBP level
- CIPD Level 7 (or equivalent level experience) essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good demonstration of initiative and common sense
- Self-motivated with a can do approach
- High standards and attention to detail and ability to multi task
- Rewards and payroll experience ideal
- International business experience
- Experience of mediation/conflict resolution
- Experience of organisational design an advantage
- Confident public speaking with some experience of facilitating workshops and internal training sessions on policy/practice change
- Experience of identifying training needs and supporting continual staff development
- Competent IT user, familiar with MS Office including Excel & Outlook, with experience of HRIS
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day. Relationship building is primary and you must be calm under pressure.
What we’ll do for you
In addition to working with a fantastic team of passionate HR people, we also offer an excellent package which includes competitive basic pay; discretionary annual bonus; BUPA; pension scheme with 9% employer contribution; life assurance, group income protection, eye sight testing, free shares. As well as our extensive standard training programme, we also offer opportunities designed for individual personal development, and a focus on personal well-being.