Job title: Formulation Control Analyst
Reporting to: Process Control Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
The objective of this role is to make and test lead time blends in order to fulfil orders and service the manufacturing and planning department. As well as to service distillation with technical analysis and in process fraction running.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Analyse fractions, make distillation trial blends and give recommendations on final bulks to the bulking and planning department (this includes analysis on trial blends and adjusting where necessary).
• Make up trial blends from stock, test against the specification, adjust where necessary and make final recommendations on finished bulks to the bulking and planning department.
• Troubleshoot issues and problem solve within all aspects of the role (includes but not limited to: distillation, stock control, bulking, blending and lab equipment).
• Display an understanding, ability to use and maintain the equipment of Gas Chromatography, Refractive Index, Optical Rotation and Density.
• Sample fresh ingredients from over the site for lab use.
• Carry out regular calibration and maintenance of the measuring instruments as prescribed by the working practices in the laboratory.
• Ensure the timely release of samples and results.
• Ensure that the working area in the laboratory is maintained in a clean and orderly condition and that any hazard or potential hazard is reported to the Process Control Team Leader.
• Maintain your own and others health and safety at all times, ensuring a safe working environment.
• Contribute to continuous improvement in the Process Control Department (e.g. suggestions on improvements in efficiency, cost cutting, improvements in effectiveness of operations).
• Undertake a shift pattern where necessary in order to continue a high level of service to internal customers
• Follow any task and request linked to technical projects as requested by Process Control Team Leader or Global Quality Control Manager.
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general description
• Act in the best interest of Treatt PLC at all times.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
We are looking for someone who has a degree in a science-based discipline and wants to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication. Candidates with experience without a degree will also be considered. Prior knowledge of distillation is favourable.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.