Job title: Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, UK
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
The Financial Accountant holds a key role, not only in the Finance department but also within the company. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the FA will work alongside the Management Accountant and the Group Project Accountant to ensure the smooth and seamless operation of the Finance function. The role holder will also act as an enabler for collaboration within the business to support lateral and partnership working.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
What you’ll be doing
Financial Accounting and reporting
• Responsible for individual entity and Group UK statutory reporting.
• Prepare the Group and financial statements for the annual report.
• Preparation of half year and full year group consolidation.
• Oversee and advise the CFO and GFC on all technical aspects of accounting within Treatt.
• Project management of the Treatt Plc published report and accounts.
• Liaising with auditors.
• Responsible for day-to-day group treasury.
• Overview and monitoring of FX hedging strategies.
• Preparing FX contract recommendations and carrying out negotiations.
• Making recommendations to the Group FC and CFO regarding borrowing requirements.
• Reviewing cash balances on a daily basis and ensuring these are optimised as far as practicable.
• Preparation of Treatt’s UK corporation taxation schedules for input to the tax advisers.
• Liaise with UK and US tax advisers regarding annual tax provisioning process.
• Ensure tax payments on account are made when required and within the required timeframes.
• Reconcile current and deferred tax accounts on a monthly basis.
• Ensure tax accounts with HMRC agree to JDE financial records.
The FA will be expected to demonstrate a high level of expertise across the global business. The following behavioural qualities should be demonstrable:
• Unquestionable integrity with the complete trust of staff and colleagues, always takes personal responsibility and is accountable for their work
• Un-wavering in the pursuit of business aligned goals, able to maintain focus at all times
• Sound judgement, with the ability to be resilient in difficult times
• Emotional intelligence to enable an understanding of different points of view, be able to learn from others and handle times of ambiguity
• A consistent and holistic approach considering relevant areas of the business when making decisions
• Behaviours aligned to the values of the organisation
• Adaptable to changing situations and circumstances
• Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
• Good communication skills both verbally and written, exceptional ability to build strong relationships across the organisation.
• Continually learns from experience and seeks out feedback and development opportunities
What we’re looking for
Knowledge & Skills Requirements (E = essential D = desirable)
• ACA or ACCA qualified (E)
• At least 5 years of post-qualified (E)
• Listed company experience (D)
• Practical knowledge of UK GAAP and have an awareness of the requirements of FRS 101 (E)
• US GAAP (D)
• Experience of working in similar sector desirable (D)
• Exposure to international markets (D)
• Proven ability in implementing process improvements (D)
• Willing and able to fit in with the wider business. (E)
• Thinks creatively to solve problems (E)
• Motivated by opportunity (E)
• Ability to deal with high levels of pressure and critical decision making (E)
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday purchase and share schemes, we’ve got you covered.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO