Job title: Export Coordinator
Reporting to: Customer Service Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Do you enjoy working within a logistics environment? Does being part of a great team within a company who are a leading supplier of flavor and fragrances excite you – if so read on…
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
What you’ll be doing
After training, your responsibilities will include:
- Address international customer requests, concerns and inquiries regarding orders, product information, pricing, inventory availability and shipping details by providing information or directing requests to others who can supply the necessary information or service.
- Determine method of shipment, prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents in compliance with current regulations.
- Accurately enter orders, quotes and other requests into JDE enterprise resource planning system to provide appropriate personnel with all necessary order processing, shipping information and documentation requirements to ensure accurate and timely delivery of products or documents to the customer. Provide internal and external customers with pricing information as affected by shipping terms based on point of delivery.
- Accurately maintain customer files and various forms of documentation.
- Participate in morning operations meetings when appropriate.
- Liaison with various departments including sales, lab and production personnel to ensure the delivery of quality customer service and support.
- Cultivate strong partnering relationships with shipping vendors in an effort to achieve the most efficient and cost-effective service possible
- Work closely with shipping and manufacturing personnel to ensure the accurate and timely dispatch of international shipments.
- Stay up-to-date and in compliance with export documentation and procedures, regulatory changes effecting export documentation and requirements, changes to INCO terms, and requirements for transportation of dangerous goods by air and/or sea. Educate other staff members as needed and provide senior managers with updates accordingly.
- Act in the best interest of Treatt USA and Treatt plc at all times.
- All other duties as assigned and customary.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is experienced in using Excel, Outlook, and Word. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written is essential. You must be organised, methodical, able to multi-task and work to deadlines. You must also be able to interrogate data and identify trends/patterns. Team working and the ability to work independently is essential. Dangerous goods knowledge and training would be advantageous.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay; discretionary annual bonus; 401K with 6% employer matching; group health, dental and vision insurance; company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance; and free stock. As well as our mandatory training, we also offer courses around personal development and well-being.