Job title: Applications Technologist
Reporting to: Applications Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
What you’ll be doing
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Providing demo support to sales, ensuring that demos are created and despatched within agreed timescales
• Assist in the evaluation of flavours in Application for briefs/research projects/portfolio evaluation
• Carry out trials to determine the functionality of Treatt products
• Participate in customer briefs to ensure customer expectations are met in relation to sensory profile, stability, regulatory and cost in use.
• Maintain a safe, clean and organised lab environment
• Proactively scan and research new concepts and trends
• Accurately compound beverage formulas
• Work with the Sensory Analyst to conduct sensory testing and participate in taste panels and project evaluations as needed
Knowledge and experience:
• Good team player and comfortable working cross functionally
• Strong mathematical skills
• Experience in working in a lab environment is essential
• You must hold an understanding in methodologies
• You must hold an understanding of modern development tools
• You must hold an understanding of developing applications
• You will need to maintain an understanding of flavour legislation
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has a graduate degree BSc. Ideally food related, but open to science degrees.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday buy back and share schemes, we’ve got you covered.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.