Job title: Application Technician / Specialist
Reporting to: Applications Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
We are calling all creative scientists who have the vision, perseverance and resilience to translate their creativity into innovative flavour and fragrance solutions. You’ll be part of an ever-growing Applications team here in Bury St. Edmunds, developing new products and managing existing product lines, always working to exceed our customers’ expectations.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Analytical chemist
“Treatt is in that perfect sweet spot of being small enough to have a friendly and supportive community but also has the resources to have big ideas which really push the boat out in terms of creativity. There is real support for you as a person here and that’s what makes it such a great place to work. The fragrance and flavour industry and Treatt as a whole is magical!” – Barney Wells, QC Laboratory Assistant
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Working closely with sales to showcase Treatt ingredients in applications to meet customer needs
- Working as part of a team when working on customer briefs to ensure customer expectations are met in relation to sensory profile, stability, regulatory and cost in use. Contributing in brainstorming sessions to bring ideas to life
- Working with category managers to identify potential ingredients/products for spotlighting/promoting.
- Making of trial blends. Normally 100g and less.
- Sampling of fresh ingredients from manufacturing areas for use in trial blends..
- Making up of flavour solutions and taking part in flavour panel.
- Carrying out trials to determine the functionality of Treatt products
- Writing up standard procedures for application methods and perform risk assessments/COSHH assessments where applicable.
- Carrying out stability testing on Treatt ingredients and finished applications.
- Assisting in setting up sensory panels for evaluating flavours in finished beverages.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has a degree in science based discipline, ideally in Food Science / Food Technology or related field. Experience of working within a laboratory environment would be a distinct advantage. You will be creative and have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues at levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from discretionary annual bonus; BUPA; pension scheme with 9% employer contribution; life assurance, group income protection, eye sight testing, free shares, as well as our mandatory training we also offer courses around personal development and wellbeing, we've got you covered.